Some people think business is only about profit. Not quite. Staying liquid – that is having cash in the bank – is what keeps your operation alive. Whether you are in the startup stages or a veteran entrepreneur, managing so that you maintain a positive balance is one of the most important techniques you must master. Learn these crucial business survival skills.
- Why cash flow is so important.
- How to avoid common beginner mistakes.
- How you should react to month-to-month fluctuations.
- How to plan for both fixed and variable expenses.
- What the 80/20 rule means to your cash flow planning.
- Why a pro avoids sweating the small stuff.
Steve Mahoney is a certified mentor with SCORE Greater Hartford. He has over twenty years of experience in financial planning, budgeting, financial analysis, strategic planning, accounting and auditing. He has experience with large and small organizations, working across multiple disciplines including Finance, Legal, HR, Communications, and Business Operations. SCORE is a national organization of 10,000 volunteers who provide mentoring services, webinars, and resources for small business owners. All of SCORE’s services are free and can be accessed at www.score.org.